Friday 13 April 2012

What I've been doing instead of my LP

Mainly? Playing Fallout 3 again, this time with two mods: Fallout Wanderers Edition to up the damage of weapons, add the need to sleep and eat, make healing harder, add a bunch of new items, and generally make the game a grittier and more involving experience; and Martigens Mutant Mod, which adds a bunch of new monsters, adds variety to the existing monsters, and delevels the spawns so you can be fighting Super Mutant Behemoths and Deathclaws by level 5. Its like playing a new game at times, and I'm taking the oppurtunity to explore the Capitol Wasteland in depth, going to every location to experience the game without the pressures of the main storyline or the other quests. I only do quests to get loot or challenge myself, I don't feel pressured to do them just because (and frankly with the mods? Sometimes wandering the wastes can be even more challenging than the scripted layout of most of the quest locations.).

Other than that? Playing another Super Robot Wars game, this time only with a menu translation so 90% of the text is just gibberish and I just have to guess at whats happening from the icons flying around the map. It was one of the harder and more frustrating ones, so it took longer to play through despite its small stage count, but it was strangely satisfiying to work with these under-powered units against the enemy.

I'll get back to New Vegas soon. One more super mutant camp....One more abandoned vault....

No comments:

Post a Comment